Our people

Meet St Mary’s, Kaikorai Personnel

The ‘Dunedin Catholic School on the Hill’ has a dedicated teaching and support team, who provide quality catholic education and demonstrate Christian moral values to your children.  Read their short profiles below.

deanne

Deanne Barton  – Teaching Assistant

Hello, I have been working at St Mary’s since 2007 and I enjoy developing relationships
with the children that promote trust and motivation.

My goal is to help the school achieve better outcomes for children who require extra assistance. Some of my other responsibilities are to assist with reading and writing in the Junior classroom. I also work 1-1 with new entrants teaching them letter names, sounds and high-frequency words. I also assist in the preparation and delivery of Discovery Time on a Thursday afternoon.

St Mary’s is a great school for anyone seeking individual attention in a caring environment.

jacquie

Jacquie Tetlow  – School Administrator
secretary@st-marys.school.nz

I have been the secretary at St Mary’s school since 2007.  It has been a fantastic part of my life, spending time with my second family.  I think I have the greatest of jobs, and do such a variety of things that it’s hard to say just what I do!  Here’s a few of my favourite tasks though… I really enjoy the financial side of my job, and have a weird love of organising the beginning of the year stationery, okay… and all the stationery throughout the year.

But my favourite part is making children and their families feel like they belong here at St Mary’s.

Linda Hartstonge, St Mary's Kaikorai, Volunteer
Linda Hartstonge – Our Wonderful Volunteer

My name is Linda.  I have volunteered at St Mary’s since 2006.  I enjoy helping both teachers and children. I do Tutor Reading, help with the Discovery Time programme, file and mend books and work with the children in their gardens and orchard.  I am an older person who is happy to pass on skills that I have learnt throughout my life.

I love being a ‘Grandmother’ figure to the children.

Rachael Deerness – DRS and Year 0-3 Teacher
rachael@st-marys.school.nz 

Hi, I have taught at St Mary’s since 2007, I am the Director of Religious Studies and at present am the Acting Principal.
I’m excited to be teaching your children in the junior class.
I have three children – Will (in Room 2) and Sophie (in Room 3).

I enjoy planing the Discovery Time programme with Deanne on Thursday afternoons and
invite all 4 year old to come along and have some fun with us.

Thanks to Ray at McRobie Studios for our staff profile pictures.

mcrobie_website_logo