Jesus Promoted Love And because of this we’ll …
- Treat each other with dignity
- Prioritise Religious Education, Literacy and Numeracy
Having spent 15 years teaching in the state system, and the past 4 in an integrated catholic school, I can honestly say there is a ‘special’ atmosphere in catholic schools not felt elsewhere.
During our afternoon, we’ll turn our curriculum ‘upside down’ to guarantee your child/ren are eager to come to school.
By… Contextual Learning
- Hands on Learning
- Environmental Sustainability
– paper recycling to make combustible fuel, veggie garden skills, food technology
- Science Learning through Experimentation
– compressed air experiments, chemical reaction, experiments, powering, circuits – switches, pulleys and weight-loading
- ICT Development
– Blog, email, podcast, video promotions
- Theory Learning Sessions to complement practical sessions.
This learning is Inquiry driven through individual child interest not learning areas.
Lead question: “What do I want to spend the next three weeks learning about?”
Child centered meaningful learning outcomes.
All learning experiences require learners to be numerate and literate.
Learners are more motivated towards using and developing these skills when they feel actively engaged.